Barbara Derham, chairperson of the Local Organising Committee ISDH 2022, explains what this exciting event is all about.
At last we are in the year of the International Symposium on Dental Hygiene (ISDH). It takes place on 11– 13 August 2022 Dublin, Ireland. It all seemed a very far away date, six years ago when the Irish Dental Hygienists Association succeeded in the bid to host the ISDH 2022.
The planning for the arrival of over 1200 delegates from the 32 member countries of the International Federation of Dental Hygienists (IFDH) is under way. However it’s the attendance of our domestic audience made up of the IDHA and the Northern Irish branch of the BSDHT that excites us. For many it may be the first opportunity to attend an International Conference of its kind. We believe it to be the biggest planned dental symposium held in Ireland ever.
Over 52.75 hours of actual presentations will take place over the three days, delivered over five streams. Added to this will be 6.75 hours to visit the exhibition halls and viewing of the poster sessions alongside an opening and closing ceremony you will be planning well in advance to make sure you don’t miss your favourite presentations or speakers.
As the domestic audience you are in such a special position to join in and enjoy the excitement, the diversity, and the sheer craziness of an international meeting in the incredible surroundings of the Convention Centre Dublin. No doubt the world has been through a major upheaval with the emergence of Covid-19.
However, with vaccines playing a crucial role in controlling the virus and our venues being fully covid compliant everyone’s safety is paramount. After recently attending both the BSDHT OHC, Glasgow and the IDHA Annual Conference Cork, we know that we can meet in person and remain safe. Significant numbers of local association members have booked already, and we thank you so much. Your support makes us work even harder for ISDH 2022. So, wear your green and be seen at the ISDH 2022.
- Click www.isdh2022.com to learn more about our invited speakers. Click on each speaker’s image to view their biography, session title and view their abstract.
- Create your registration account and book your early bird symposium ticket before 31st January 2022 to avail of discounted rates.
- Browse the hotel options available on the website. You can add your choice at the time of booking your symposium registration. Or, add it in at a later date (subject to availability).
- Symposium party tickets for the Guinness Storehouse are in high demand. Remember non-delegates are welcome to attend with our delegates. You don’t need to miss out on valuable time with friends or family.
- Arrange your reunion at the symposium, or plan a mini break with your friends.
International Symposium on Dental Hygiene is in Dublin on 11-13 August 2022.
Register on www.isdh2022.com to keep up to date on the latest news.